Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever
Dengue hemorrhagic fever is a severe, potentially deadly infection spread by certain species of mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti).
Four different dengue viruses are known to cause dengue hemorrhagic fever. Dengue hemorrhagic fever occurs when a person catches a different type dengue virus after being infected by another one sometime before. Prior immunity to a different dengue virus type plays an important role in this severe disease.
Worldwide, more than 100 million cases of dengue fever occur every year. A small number of these develop into dengue hemorrhagic fever. Most infections in the United States are brought in from other countries. It is possible for a traveler who has returned to the United States to pass the infection to someone who has not traveled.
Source : http://download-my-ebook.blogspot.com
Signs and Symptoms
After being bitten by a mosquito carrying the virus, the incubation period ranges from three to 15 (usually five to eight) days before the signs and symptoms of dengue appear. Dengue starts with chills, headache, pain upon moving the eyes, and low backache. Painful aching in the legs and joints occurs during the first hours of illness. The temperature rises quickly as high as 104° F (40° C), with relative low heart rate (bradycardia) and low blood pressure (hypotension). The eyes become reddened. A flushing or pale pink rash comes over the face and then disappears. The glands (lymph nodes) in the neck and groin are often swollen.
Fever and other signs of dengue last for two to four days, followed by rapid drop in temperature (defervescence) with profuse sweating. This precedes a period with normal temperature and a sense of well-being that lasts about a day. A second rapid rise in temperature follows. A characteristic rash appears along with the fever and spreads from the extremities to cover the entire body except the face. The palms and soles may be bright red and swollen.
Source : http://www.medicinenet.com
- Myocardial Infarction Nanda Nursing Diagnosis
- Nanda Nursing Care Plan Imbalanced Nutrition
- Lionel Andrés "Leo" Messi
- Agnes Monica Hairstyles
- Aura Kasih on Popular Magazine Photo and Pictures
- Askep DHF
- Askep Diabetes Mellitus
- Nanda Nursing Diagnosis for Pneumonia
- Top 10 Facts About Diabetes
- Nanda Nursing Diagnosis List for Diabetes Mellitus...
- Nanda Activity Intolerance
- Anne Curtis on Speed September 2011 Cover
- World's steepest rollercoaster in Japan
- Avril Lavigne - I Wish You Were Here Lyrics and Of...
- Video: Taylor Swift And Hayley Williams Perform “T...
- Nungwi Beach is one of the best summer vacation pl...
- The 20 Most Romantic Islands of the World
- Very Beautiful Chinese Girls
- Girls and Booth Babe of SEMA 2010
- Aura Kasih 'Blue Perfect'
- Photo Actress Anita Hara on Popular Magazine
- Askep Appendicitis
- Askep AMI
- Download Driver Modem Smart Haier C700
- Download Driver Modem Smart ZTE c261
- Flight Nurse
- Staff Nurse
- Clinical Nurse specialist
- Nurse Practitioner
- Certified RN Anesthetist (Crna)
- Surgical Nursing
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Forensic Nursing
- Military Nursing
- Travel Nursing
- Nokia Price List in Indonesia September 2011
- ▼ September (38)