List of Artists and Songs - Soft Rock

The following is a list of notable soft rock bands and artists and their most notable soft rock songs. This list should not include artists whose main style of music is anything other than soft rock, even if they have released one or more songs that fall under the "soft rock" genre.

Artists which have released music of various different genres throughout their career including soft rock as one of their main styles, may be included together with their notable soft rock songs.

Ace
  • How Long

Bryan Adams
  • Cloud Number Nine
  • (Everything I Do) I Do It for You
  • Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?
  • I'll Always Be Right There
  • Let's Make a Night to Remember
  • Please Forgive Me

Air Supply
  • All Out of Love
  • Even the Nights Are Better
  • Here I Am
  • Just as I Am
  • Lonely Is the Night
  • Lost in Love
  • Making Love Out of Nothing at All
  • The One That You Love

The Alan Parsons Project
  • Eye in the Sky
  • Old and Wise
  • Snake Eyes
  • Time
Alessi Brothers
  • Oh Lori

Ambrosia
  • Biggest Part of Me
  • How Much I Feel
  • You're the Only Woman (You & I)

America
  • A Horse with No Name
  • Daisy Jane
  • I Need You
  • Lonely People
  • Sister Golden Hair
  • Tin Man
  • Today's the Day
  • Ventura Highway
  • You Can Do Magic

Paul Anka
  • (You're) Having My Baby

The Association
  • Along Comes Mary
  • Cherish
  • Everything That Touches You
  • Never My Love
  • Windy

Atlanta Rhythm Section
  • Imaginary Lover
  • So into You

The Autumn Defense
  • Canyon Arrow
  • Feel You Now

Marty Balin
  • Hearts

Bee Gees
  • Don't Wanna Live Inside Myself
  • He's a Liar
  • How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
  • How Deep Is Your Love
  • I Started a Joke
  • Lonely Days
  • New York Mining Disaster 1941
  • Run to Me
  • To Love Somebody

The Bells
  • Stay Awhile

Stephen Bishop
  • It Might Be You
  • On and On

Colin Blunstone
  • I Don't Believe in Miracles
  • Say You Don't Mind

James Blunt
  • 1973
  • So Far Gone
  • Stay the Night
  • Superstar

Michael Bolton
  • How Am I Supposed to Live Without You
  • How Can We Be Lovers?
  • Time, Love and Tenderness

Karla Bonoff
  • Somebody's Eyes

Debby Boone
  • You Light Up My Life

Boston
  • Amanda
  • More Than a Feeling

Bread
  • Baby I'm-a Want You
  • Everything I Own
  • The Guitar Man
  • If
  • Lost Without Your Love
  • Make It with You

Jackson Browne
  • Fountain of Sorrow
  • The Load-Out/Stay
  • The Pretender
  • Rock Me on the Water
  • Tender Is the Night

Peabo Bryson
  • Tonight, I Celebrate My Love (with Roberta Flack)

Glen Campbell
  • By the Time I Get to Phoenix
  • Galveston
  • Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Southern Nights
  • Wichita Lineman

Jim Capaldi
  • It's All Up to You
  • That's Love

Captain & Tennille
  • Do That to Me One More Time
  • Love Will Keep Us Together
  • Muskrat Love

Eric Carmen
  • All by Myself
  • Hungry Eyes
  • Make Me Lose Control
  • Never Gonna Fall in Love Again
  • She Did It

Kim Carnes
  • Bette Davis Eyes
  • Don't Fall in Love with a Dreamer

Richard Carpenter
  • Calling Your Name Again
  • Something in Your Eyes

The Carpenters
  • All of My Life
  • (They Long to Be) Close to You
  • For All We Know
  • Goodbye to Love
  • Hurting Each Other
  • It's Going to Take Some Time
  • Please Mr. Postman
  • Rainy Days and Mondays
  • Sing
  • Superstar
  • Top of the World
  • Touch Me When We're Dancing
  • We've Only Just Begun
  • Yesterday Once More

Felix Cavaliere
  • Only a Lonely Heart Sees

Chad & Jeremy
  • Before and After
  • A Summer Song
  • Willow Weep for Me

Harry Chapin
  • A Better Place to Be
  • Cat's in the Cradle
  • Sniper
  • Taxi
  • W·O·L·D

Chicago
  • Baby, What a Big Surprise
  • Brand New Love Affair, Part I & II
  • Colour My World
  • Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
  • Hard Habit to Break
  • Hard to Say I'm Sorry
  • If You Leave Me Now
  • Make Me Smile
  • Saturday in the Park]
  • Will You Still Love Me?]
  • You're the Inspiration

Eric Clapton
  • Anything for Your Love
  • Everything Will Be Alright
  • I Shot the Sheriff
  • Lay Down Sally
  • Promises
  • Tears in Heaven
  • Wonderful Tonight

Classics IV
  • Spooky
  • Stormy
  • Traces

Climax
  • Precious and Few

Climax Blues Band
  • Couldn't Get It Right
  • I Love You

Joe Cocker
  • Up Where We Belong
  • You Are So Beautiful

Leonard Cohen
  • Bird on the Wire
  • Suzanne

Marc Cohn
  • Walking in Memphis
  • Wild World

Phil Collins
  • Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)
  • Another Day in Paradise
  • Do You Remember
  • In the Air Tonight
  • One More Night
  • Separate Lives

Rita Coolidge
  • All Time High
  • We're All Alone
  • (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher and Higher

Jim Croce
  • Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
  • I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song
  • Operator (That's Not the Way It Feels)
  • Time in a Bottle

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
  • Helpless
  • Just a Song Before I Go
  • Lady of the Island"
  • Our House
  • Southern Cross

Christopher Cross
  • All Right
  • Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
  • Never Be the Same
  • Ride Like the Wind]
  • Sailing
  • Think of Laura

Burton Cummings
  • You Saved My Soul

Cymarron
  • Rings

Mac Davis
  • Baby, Don't Get Hooked on Me
  • I Never Made Love (Till I Made It with You)
  • One Hell of a Woman
  • Stop and Smell the Roses

Paul Davis
  • Cool Night
  • I Go Crazy

Chris de Burgh
  • A Spaceman Came Travelling
  • Don't Pay the Ferryman
  • The Lady in Red
  • Missing You

John Denver
  • Annie's Song
  • How Can I Leave You Again
  • I'm Sorry
  • Me and My Uncle
  • Rocky Mountain High
  • Sunshine on My Shoulders

Dennis DeYoung
  • Call Me
  • Desert Moon

Neil Diamond
  • America
  • Cracklin' Rosie
  • Forever in Blue Jeans
  • I Am... I Said
  • Love on the Rocks
  • Shilo
  • Solitary Man
  • Song Sung Blue
  • Sweet Caroline

The Doobie Brothers
  • Another Park, Another Sunday
  • Black Water
  • The Doctor
  • It Keeps You Runnin'
  • Listen to the Music
  • Minute by Minute
  • Takin' It to the Streets
  • What a Fool Believes

Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show
  • A Little Bit More
  • Sexy Eyes
  • Sharing the Night Together
  • The Cover of Rolling Stone
  • When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman

Robbie Dupree
  • Steal Away


Eagles
  • Best of My Love
  • Busy Being Fabulous
  • Desperado
  • Doolin–Dalton
  • Hotel California
  • I Can't Tell You Why
  • The Long Run
  • Love Will Keep Us Alive
  • Most of Us Are Sad
  • New Kid in Town
  • One of These Nights
  • Peaceful Easy Feeling
  • Take It Easy
  • Take It to the Limit
  • Tequila Sunrise

Walter Egan
  • Magnet and Steel

England Dan & John Ford Coley
  • I'd Really Love to See You Tonight
  • It's Sad to Belong
  • Love Is the Answer
  • Nights Are Forever Without You
  • We'll Never Have to Say Goodbye Again
  • What's Forever For

Exile
  • Kiss You All Over

Donald Fagen
  • I.G.Y. (What a Beautiful World)
  • Ruby Baby
  • Snowbound

José Feliciano
  • Light My Fire

Jay Ferguson
  • Shakedown Cruise

Firefall
  • Just Remember I Love You
  • You Are the Woman

Roberta Flack
  • Feel Like Makin' Love

Fleetwood Mac
  • Big Love
  • Don't Stop
  • Dreams
  • Gypsy
  • Little Lies
  • Rhiannon
  • Say You Love Me
  • Sentimental Lady

Dan Fogelberg
  • Believe in Me
  • Hard to Say
  • Leader of the Band
  • Longer
  • Make Love Stay
  • Part of the Plan
  • Run for the Roses
  • Same Old Lang Syne

Steve Forbert
  • Romeo's Tune

Foreigner
  • Cold as Ice
  • I Don't Want to Live Without You
  • I Want to Know What Love Is
  • Waiting for a Girl Like You

Peter Frampton
  • Baby, I Love Your Way
  • Do You Feel Like We Do
  • I'm in You
  • Show Me the Way

Franke and the Knockouts

Glenn Frey
  • The One You Love

Gallery
  • I Believe in Music
  • Nice to Be with You

David Gates
  • The Goodbye Girl

Genesis
  • Follow You Follow Me
  • Hold on My Heart
  • In Too Deep
  • Man on the Corner
  • Never a Time
  • Taking It All Too Hard
  • Throwing It All Away
  • Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

Andy Gibb
  • I Just Want to Be Your Everything"

Andrew Gold
  • Lonely Boy
  • Never Let Her Slip Away
  • Thank You for Being a Friend

Dobie Gray
  • Drift Away

Henry Gross
  • Shannon

Adrian Gurvitz
  • Classic


Hall & Oates
  • I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)
  • Kiss on My List
  • One on One
  • Rich Girl
  • Sara Smile
  • She's Gone
  • You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds
  • Fallin' in Love

Albert Hammond
  • 99 Miles From L.A.
  • The Free Electric Band
  • I'm a Train
  • It Never Rains in Southern California
  • When I'm Gone

Don Henley
  • Not Enough Love in the World
  • Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough
  • The End of the Innocence
  • The Heart of the Matter

Bertie Higgins
  • Key Largo

Dan Hill
  • All I See Is Your Face
  • Sometimes When We Touch

The Hollies
  • He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
  • The Air That I Breathe
  • Sandy

Rupert Holmes
  • Escape
  • Him
  • Terminal

Janis Ian
  • At Seventeen

Terry Jacks
  • Seasons in the Sun

Jefferson Starship
  • Miracles
  • With Your Love

Billy Joel
  • Allentown
  • And So It Goes
  • An Innocent Man
  • Goodnight Saigon
  • Honesty
  • Just the Way You Are
  • Leave a Tender Moment Alone
  • My Life
  • New York State of Mind
  • Piano Man
  • She's Got a Way
  • She's Always a Woman
  • This Night

Elton John
  • All Quiet on the Western Front
  • Believe
  • Bennie and the Jets
  • Blue Eyes
  • Border Song
  • Burn Down the Mission
  • Candle in the Wind
  • Daniel
  • Dear God
  • Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
  • Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
  • I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues
  • Levon
  • Little Jeannie
  • Nikita
  • Rocket Man
  • Sacrifice
  • Skyline Pigeon
  • Someone Saved My Life Tonight
  • Something About the Way You Look Tonight
  • Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
  • Tiny Dancer
  • You Gotta Love Someone
  • Your Song

Robert John
  • Sad Eyes

Sammy Johns
  • Chevy Van

Michael Johnson
  • Bluer Than Blue
  • I'll Always Love You
  • This Night Won't Last Forever

Rickie Lee Jones
  • Chuck E.'s In Love

Journey
  • Faithfully
  • Lights
  • Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
  • Open Arms

Joshua Kadison
  • Beautiful in My Eyes
  • Jessie

Kalapana
  • The Hurt
  • Naturally

Kansas
  • All I Wanted
  • Dust in the Wind

Carole King
  • I Feel the Earth Move
  • It's Too Late
  • So Far Away

Fred Knoblock
  • Why Not Me

Nicolette Larson
  • Lotta Love

Little River Band
  • Cool Change
  • Help Is on Its Way
  • Lonesome Loser
  • Reminiscing
  • Take It Easy on Me

Lobo
  • Don't Expect Me to Be Your Friend
  • I'd Love You to Want Me
  • Me and You and a Dog Named Boo
  • Where Were You When I Was Falling In Love

Dave Loggins
  • Please Come to Boston

Kenny Loggins
  • Danny's Song
  • Don't Fight It
  • For the First Time
  • Heart to Heart
  • Keep the Fire
  • This Is It
  • Whenever I Call You Friend

Loggins and Messina
  • Watching the River Run

Looking Glass
  • Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)

Mary MacGregor
  • Torn Between Two Lovers
  • Wedding Song (There Is Love)

The Magic Lanterns

The Mamas & the Papas
  • Dedicated to the One I Love

Melissa Manchester
  • Midnight Blue
  • You Should Hear How She Talks About You

Barry Manilow
  • Can't Smile Without You
  • Could It Be Magic
  • Even Now
  • I Made It Through the Rain
  • I Write the Songs
  • Looks Like We Made It
  • Mandy
  • Read 'Em and Weep
  • Somewhere Down the Road
  • The Old Songs
  • This One's for You
  • Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again
  • Weekend in New England
  • When I Wanted You

The Marbles
  • Only One Woman

Benny Mardones
  • Into the Night

Richard Marx
  • Hazard
  • Hold On to the Nights
  • Now and Forever
  • Right Here Waiting

Dave Mason
  • Let It Go, Let It Flow
  • We Just Disagree

Iain Matthews
  • Shake It
  • Woodstock

John Mayer
  • Gravity
  • Paper Doll
  • Who You Love (with Katy Perry)
  • Your Body Is a Wonderland

Paul McCartney
  • The Girl Is Mine (with Michael Jackson)
  • Maybe I'm Amazed
  • No More Lonely Nights

Sarah McLachlan
  • Angel
  • Building a Mystery
  • Possession
  • Sweet Surrender

Michael McDonald
  • I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near)
  • On My Own
  • Sweet Freedom

Don McLean
  • American Pie
  • And I Love You So
  • Crying
  • Vincent

Michael Learns to Rock
  • The Actor
  • Paint My Love
  • Sleeping Child
  • Someday
  • Take Me to Your Heart

Mike + The Mechanics
  • The Living Years
  • Over My Shoulder
  • Taken In

Ronnie Milsap
  • Any Day Now
  • He Got You
  • Stranger in My House

Joni Mitchell
  • Carey
  • Free Man in Paris

Van Morrison
  • Brown Eyed Girl
  • Crazy Love
  • Into the Mystic
  • Tupelo Honey

Maria Muldaur
  • Midnight at the Oasis

Michael Martin Murphey
  • What's Forever For
  • Wildfire

Anne Murray
  • Bidin' My Time
  • Hard as I Try
  • I Just Fall in Love Again
  • It Only Hurts for a Little While
  • Just Another Woman in Love
  • Snowbird
  • You Needed Me

Randy Newman
  • Sail Away

Olivia Newton-John
  • Can I Trust Your Arms
  • Have You Never Been Mellow
  • Hopelessly Devoted to You
  • I Honestly Love You
  • Magic
  • Summertime Blues
  • The Way You Look Tonight

Stevie Nicks
  • Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You?
  • Rooms on Fire
  • Whenever I Call You Friend

Harry Nilsson
  • Everybody's Talkin'
  • Without You

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (as The Dirt Band)
  • An American Dream

Kenny Nolan
  • I Like Dreamin'

Chris Norman
  • Broken Heroes
  • Midnight Lady
  • No Arms Can Ever Hold You
  • Some Hearts Are Diamonds
  • Stumblin' In

Gilbert O'Sullivan
  • Alone Again (Naturally)
  • Clair
  • Get Down

Orleans
  • Dance with Me
  • Love Takes Time
  • Still the One

Pablo Cruise
  • A Place in the Sun
  • Cool Love
  • Love Will Find a Way
  • Whatcha Gonna Do

David Pack
  • I Just Can't Let Go
  • That Girl is Gone

Martin Page
  • In the House of Stone and Light
  • Put on Your Red Dress

Steve Perry
  • Foolish Heart
  • Missing You

Jim Photoglo
  • Fool in Love with You
  • We Were Meant to Be Lovers

Pilot
  • January
  • Magic

Player
  • Baby Come Back

Poco
  • Crazy Love
  • Heart of the Night

Pure Prairie League
  • Amie
  • Let Me Love You Tonight

Gerry Rafferty
  • Baker Street
  • Home and Dry
  • Night Owl
  • Right Down the Line

Chris Rea
  • Ace of Hearts
  • Auberge
  • Fool (If You Think It's Over)
  • The Road to Hell
  • Winning
  • Wired to the Moon

Helen Reddy
  • Ain't No Way to Treat a Lady
  • I Am Woman
  • I Can't Hear You No More

REO Speedwagon
  • Can't Fight This Feeling
  • Keep On Loving You
  • Take It on the Run
  • Time for Me to Fly

Lionel Richie
  • All Night Long (All Night)
  • Endless Love (with Diana Ross)
  • Hello
  • Say You, Say Me
  • You Are

Linda Ronstadt
  • Don't Know Much (with Aaron Neville)
  • Hurt So Bad
  • Ooh Baby Baby
  • When Will I Be Loved
  • You're No Good

Todd Rundgren
  • Can We Still Be Friends
  • A Dream Goes On Forever
  • Hello It's Me
  • I Saw the Light
  • Take It All

Sad Café
  • Every Day Hurts

Leo Sayer
  • I Can't Stop Loving You (Though I Try)
  • More Than I Can Say
  • Oh Girl
  • Orchard Road
  • Raining in My Heart
  • When I Need You

Boz Scaggs
  • Lido Shuffle
  • Look What You've Done to Me
  • Lowdown
  • We're All Alone

Joey Scarbury
  • Believe It or Not

Seals and Crofts
  • Diamond Girl
  • Get Closer
  • Summer Breeze

Bob Seger
  • Against the Wind
  • Night Moves
  • Still the Same

Simon & Garfunkel
  • Bridge over Troubled Water

Carly Simon
  • Anticipation
  • Mockingbird (with James Taylor)
  • That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
  • We Have No Secrets
  • You Belong to Me
  • You're So Vain

Paul Simon
  • Slip Slidin' Away

Skylark
  • Wildflower

Rex Smith
  • You Take My Breath Away

Smokie
  • Don't Play Your Rock 'n' Roll to Me
  • If You Think You Know How to Love Me
  • Living Next Door to Alice

Sneaker
  • More Than Just the Two of Us

J. D. Souther
  • You're Only Lonely

Starbuck
  • Moonlight Feels Right

Starland Vocal Band
  • Afternoon Delight

Starship
  • Sara

Stealers Wheel
  • Stuck in the Middle with You

Steely Dan
  • Do It Again
  • Hey Nineteen
  • Peg
  • Rikki Don't Lose That Number

Cat Stevens
  • Father and Son
  • Mona Bone Jakon
  • Moonshadow
  • Peace Train
  • Wild World

Al Stewart
  • Time Passages
  • Year of the Cat

John Stewart
  • Lost Her in the Sun
  • Midnight Wind

Rod Stewart
  • Downtown Train
  • Have I Told You Lately
  • I Don't Want to Talk About It
  • I Was Only Joking
  • Maggie May
  • Mandolin Wind
  • Pretty Flamingo
  • Reason to Believe
  • Sailing
  • Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)

Sting
  • Desert Rose
  • They Dance Alone

Curtis Stigers
  • I Wonder Why
  • You're All That Matters to Me

Styx
  • Babe
  • The Best of Times
  • Boat on the River
  • Don't Let It End
  • Fooling Yourself
  • Show Me the Way

James Taylor
  • Carolina in My Mind
  • Country Road
  • Fire and Rain
  • Handy Man
  • How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)
  • Shower the People
  • Sweet Baby James
  • You've Got a Friend
  • Your Smiling Face

B. J. Thomas
  • (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
  • Everybody's Out of Town
  • I Just Can't Help Believing
  • No Love at All
  • Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head
  • Rock and Roll Lullaby

Three Dog Night

Toby Beau
  • My Angel Baby

Toto
  • 99
  • Africa
  • Georgy Porgy
  • I'll Be over You
  • I Won't Hold You Back
  • Rosanna

Bonnie Tyler
  • Believe in Me
  • Bitterblue
  • Fools Lullaby
  • It's a Heartache
  • Love Is the Knife
  • This Is Gonna Hurt
  • Total Eclipse of the Heart

Gino Vannelli
  • Hurts to Be in Love
  • I Just Wanna Stop
  • Living Inside Myself

Randy VanWarmer
  • Just When I Needed You Most

John Waite
  • Missing You

Bob Welch
  • Sentimental Lady

Snowy White
  • Bird of Paradise

The Williams Brothers
  • Can't Cry Hard Enough

Paul Williams
  • An Old Fashioned Love Song
  • I Won't Last a Day Without You

Wings
  • Band on the Run
  • Bluebird
  • Cook of the House
  • Country Dreamer
  • I'm Carrying
  • Let 'Em In
  • Listen to What the Man Said
  • Live and Let Die
  • London Town
  • Maybe I'm Amazed
  • Mrs Vandebilt
  • Must Do Something About It
  • Silly Love Songs
  • With a Little Luck

Steve Winwood
  • Higher Love
  • Valerie
  • While You See a Chance

Gary Wright
  • Dream Weaver

Neil Young
  • A Man Needs a Maid
  • Heart of Gold
Source : wikipedia